Thursday 18 March 2010

KEITH PROCTOR


Things are getting back to normal now after the paintings hit the streets "so to speak", well kind of normal, I have paintied every day for most of my life but never the same subject so much, although most of the Jack The Lad paintings are quite similar in that they are painted with a very limited palette and are of the same subject I must say that they flow with ease when painting them, I am not blowing my own trumpet here but just want to get across how much I love to paint these pictures and that they are each and everyone a joy to paint and I cant wait to paint the next one, I have found since starting to paint them that I pick up on the things Jack and his little pals do and say a lot more than I used to, my eyes and ears are becoming more and more tuned in to whats happening around me, I am putting titles to movement, titles to body language, and I am more tuned in to the general things that people say, I am now constantly and unconsciously on the lookout for nice titles and ideas for the paintings, words and sayings that I here are written down straight away now as I have a memory like a sieve, I will be in the middle of a conversation with someone and then quickly run away to look for a pen uttering " Ooh thats a great title under my breath" and do often jump out of bed during the night to write things down, the titles "Evolution" and "Skew Whiff" are still written in pencil on our kitchen wall!
Here are three recent paintings "Help" / "Heaven Sent" and "Come here and say that"
The paintings shown here are sold for enquiries please contact Washington Green Fine Art.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

all three are beautiful atmospheric pieces Keith

haras21uk said...

We have bought two of your charcoals and are eagerly awaiting for Washington Green to release some more oil originals.

We love the Jack images as it reminds us of our mischevious son Thomas.

KEITH PROCTOR Painting blog said...

Thankyou Rahina , nice to here from you.
Thankyou Sarah for your comment and for your interest in my work ,I am pleased they remind you of your boy Thomas.
I will be sending more paintings soon.
Keith

SharonWrightArtist said...

Stunning!

Dean Grey said...

So simple yet so adorable, Keith!

I soooo want his hat!

-Dean

KEITH PROCTOR Painting blog said...

Cheers Sharon hope you are well and busy!!
** you will have to get in the q for the hat Dean cheers for the comment , Keith

Paul Coventry-Brown said...

The confidence and spontaneity in your handling of the paint has come such a long way ..... I know I said it before, but there ya go ;-)
Always expressive and lovely moments captured in time ............. your love shows through Keith.

KEITH PROCTOR Painting blog said...

Cheers Paul / Keith